Sunday, April 19, 2009

~What Matters Most~





I was up early again the Saturday before Easter. It is always a time when I can really think therefore study the best. As I sat at my computer I started writing down some things...then one thing led to another and before I knew it I had my whole thought process right in front of my eyes. I know, I know, amazing isn't it...a whole thought process. I really hesitate putting things like this on my blog because it makes me feel so vulnerable but, I like to write and sometimes I like to share...sometimes... Anyway, here is what I came up with. ( This was supposed to be posted last Sunday...something happened to my thought process)!



What Matters Most

It is not so much about who you are,
but what you
bring to the people around you.

It's not so much about what you believe in but what effect your

beliefs will have on the future generations.

It is not always so much about the things you do as a family but,

more about what your family has done for others.


It's not so much about being friendly as much as it is about time itself.

Friendship requires time.

It is not so much the phone call
as much as it is the
follow through.

It is not so much the kind words
as much as it is the action shown
after the words are spoken.

It is not so much to be a part of something
as it is to
truly feel like you belong.

It is not so much to stand at the front of the line
if you
haven't experienced being last.

And, it is not so much about being last
if you haven't given up
just about everything to be first.

It is not so much about the things that you have but
more about
what you do with the things that you have.

It is not so much about how you feel about a situation but
how you
make others feel in that situation.

It is not so much about letting it all out,
as much as it is
about keeping it all in.

It is not so much about learning all there is to know but
knowing what is important enough to learn.

It is not so much about making mistakes but
more about
learning to forgive

It is not so much about how long He was here but,
that He came at all.

And it is not so much that He came but,
that
He will come again.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Oh my heavens! I want to use this some day in a lesson or talk!!! Beautiful!

Jill said...

Hey Joey,
Thanks for the invite to your blog. I love reading all your insightful thoughts and get a peek into your life. I appreciate our friendship throughout ALL these years. Even though we don't see each other very often, I consider you a dear friend!