Tuesday, April 28, 2009

~HAPPY TRAILS~

I consider myself very blest when it comes to back yards...this is my back yard/running trail. Once the snow melts, away I go. I have decided to take pictures of the season changes this year because it is just SO beautiful and everyone should be able to see what motivates me each day! I really do run over rocks, roots and ruts but, I enjoy it and it makes for VERY strong ankles! Poor Steve can't even "walk" this trail let alone run it. His ankles are THAT bad. It makes me sad for him because it really is beautiful ): I have been making this canyon my home away from home for the last 23 years. If my family comes home and finds the car in the garauge, the music on in the house and mom missing they know that I am up the canyon and that I will be home eventually or if for some reason I don't come home, ( which has never happened) they know where to find me. I have slowed down a little over the years but, I have found that it isn't a bad thing. I actually see things now that Iv'e missed all these years.



I love the different flowers that bloom at the biginning of the seasons. I have been so intent on time and endurence in the past that I haven't even noticed them. I do now.










It is a lot harder coming down than it used to be but still so much fun! I wonder if the pain in my knees will ever make me stop or if someday the pain in my knees will stop. I hope for the latter. Every now and then I can talk somebody into taking the trip up the canyon with me but nobody seems to enjoy it quite as much as I do. I quess it has to grow on you for 20 years or so!

1 comment:

Cambria said...

Mommy I love these pictures! We need to go on a walk up the canyon while we are staying with you. I love this time of the year with all the green- I love the green. It would just be super super nice if I didn't get allergies.