Saturday, April 18, 2009

On Wednesday I usually try to spend some time in the temple but, for the last little while it has been impossible because of my work schedule. This week however was different. Spring break gives me a break because the doctors all leave! Well, most of them...I was off by noon almost everyday this week. It was glorious! So, Wednesday I made my trek to the temple but, it was raining and the thought ran through my mind that I really didn't need to go out in the "rain" after all I could come back anytime. Then I started thinking about all the people who save, and sacrifice just to make one trip a year or a lifetime to attend the temple...it's sort of the same feeling I used to get when my mom would say "clean your plate there are starving children in China". I pulled into the parking lot and there was not one parking place available! Truly a test! Overflow parking was my only other option, a very long way from the front doors of the temple. Good thing I had my umbrella! I made my way up the hill to the doors and inside before becoming totally drenched. For some odd reason I had not felt the need to wear my boots that morning...just little black flats now completely full of water. Still I thought about the starving children and those who save and sacrifice and it was good...thoroughly soaked from about the waist down and chilled to the bone I changed and went up to the session. Now, let me explain. I get up EVERY morning at 3:00. I tend to forget that until I sit down quietly for 5-10 minutes...let me just say; that was the shortest session I have ever participated in! I don't recall having to be nudged or prodded but, I am pretty sure that I slept through most of it! I will have to sincerely apologize to the sweet lady I did work for when and if I get the chance to meet her someday! I think for people like me there should be a place to stand and move around just a little bit...to sit is to lay, to lay is to sleep and to sleep is to...actually I am not sure, I don't do much of that...just little cat naps at inappropriate times of the day! After the unusually short time spent inside the temple I ventured out into rain that had turned to snow! I thought it was spring. My calendar clearly said "April 15th" when I went in...Just how long had I been asleep?

No comments: