Monday, April 6, 2009

CONFERENCE WEEKEND AT THE CABIN...

It still looks like December in Scofield as of April 5, 2009. The lake is still frozen over and the little fishies are safe for now from most of the fishermen and their wormy little hooks...ick!

There are a few "die hards" including my dad who will actua
lly go out there and drill a hole in the ice and sit there all day with their line in the hole and wait for a fish to bite. I find this behavior disturbing but, my dad thinks that it is somehow exhilarating so, to each his own. I guess with the right company ANYTHING can be fun! Sunday morning we woke to 19 degrees. I think that the lake could stay frozen for some time still with weather like that.

We had such a great weekend with most of the grandkids at the cabin for at least some of the time. I just had to take some pictures. They get a little tired of me chasing them around with a camera but stop once in awhile just long enough for me go get a cute pose. Abbie was determined to dodge the camera as much as possible but we were able to get a couple of darling pictures of her...it's not hard, we could take a picture of the back of her head and it would be adorable!

Cole and Maddie got used to me last week when I got to babysit them while Mom and Dad were on a cruise. So although they didn't like it all that much they let me take all the pictures that I wanted to. What little cuties they are. They are growing up WAY to fast! I can't wait for little sister in June!

We missed having Gage and Ali this weekend with the rest of the kids. They always add so much fun to the group. The little ones look up to them so much. They are the "big kids" even though they are only 7 and 5! We missed Stephanie and Jon too...

Garett has a job that keeps him traveling a lot and this is one of the weeks that he is out of town so we missed him and Lisa also. It is always fun to have everyone there but I realize how impossible it is to make that happen all the time.

If you notice down in the corner of the picture of Cole you will see Sky and Cambria's little one...Shelby! My how she is growing. She is just about as spoiled as Shatze...give her 7 more years.

I loved listening to conference. Our new Apostle Elder Anderson was one of my favorite speakers because he spoke about how important it is to remember that every faith is good and that there are wonderful people and beautiful families everywhere in the world who are striving to do what Heavenly Father wants us to do. That we need to be okay with their beliefs and okay with their friendships regardless of how different they may be from us. Good is good and there is where it all begins...



No comments: