Saturday, April 25, 2009

~CALLER ID'S~


aniTelephone.gif
Just what exactly is a caller ID for if it is not to ignore or, put a little more mildly to choose which calls we want to take and which calls we want the machine to pick up...right? So why would anybody in their right mind ( there is a clue there) pick up the phone when clearly there is hidden danger in doing so? Danger so great that it could cause mental turmoil, even nausea and vomiting...

My phone rang around 9:00 Wednesday night...late for me because I get up so blasted EARLY but, since I usually have Thursday's off I was still semi conscious. I glanced at the caller ID and it did register somewhere in the dark, sleepy recesses of my brain that the name held reason for panic. But, being friends and also a visiting teacher for the "name" I felt undue pressure to answer so, like an IDIOT I did. Now, I am speaking in church on Sunday. Yes, it was my Bishop. You can't really NOT answer when he calls can you? I am convinced that my Bishop knows when you ignore him...The guy has a 6th sense...sort of like he knows what you've done even before you've done it! Drives me nuts...keeps me humble but DRIVES ME NUTS!
Seriously, he is a good guy, a great guy...but the scale may be tipping more from inspiration towards desperation when from all the wonderfully intelligent, scripture savvy members we have in our ward to choose from, he comes up with... me? Unbelievable!

No comments: