Sunday, February 21, 2010

~GRATEFUL~

Yesterday was one of those rare mornings when I got to actually enjoy the quiet snowfall. I am usually on the rode in the dark and although it can be quite beautiful at 4:30 in the morning you have a tendency to miss a lot, like how the snow can just hang on the branches of the trees and bushes turning everything into a winter wonderland again. I say this to often but, I love this time of year! I realize that it takes reaching just a little deeper for some of us to find the beauty there but, sometimes it is so incredibly worth the reach. And so it is with many things in my life. At first I may not have been exactly "sold" on someone or something but...as I reached a little deeper I have always found true and lasting friendships and pure, genuine beauty. Yes, I am a little melancholy today, head injuries do that to you I suppose but, having been given the opportunity to stick around for awhile longer I'm going to appreciate even the ordinary, rather mundane things that I would normally take for granted. I make fun of what happened to me because that is just how I am but seriously, I am so grateful to my family of friends new and old, who are continually at my side and my hubby and kids who put up with my pain and know that as sure as the sun comes up in the east...I will do something dumb again in the near future...Dear Guardian Angel...I will continue to wear my helmet :)

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Gorgeous photo and beautiful sentiments! So happy your ok!!!

Stephanie said...

Hope you're feeling better. I love you!