Thursday, February 25, 2010

~HOMEBOUND~



It's incredibly hard for me to stay home on a "ski day" even though I do see the wisdom in that decision. ( That and the fact I had Ski Patrol watching for me, ready to pull my pass if I should decide to make an appearance on the mountain today...thanks to my friend Andrea who's son Brandon, AKA "Hollywood", is a major part of those wonderful "men in red" who bury humans in the snow and then hope the dogs that they have trained will eventually dig them out. They ski with incredible speed and can do it just as well backward as they do forward. They carry men, women and children off the mountain everyday in toboggans, snowmobiles or heaven forbid helicopters and seldom complain about coming back the next day to do it all again. They dynamite slopes that could pose avalanche danger without ever thinking about the risk they are taking themselves. They really are a rather strange bunch of adrenaline junkies that I am glad I have come to know even before last week). I can't tell you how many times I have glanced up at that mountain wondering how the conditions are today and just what I am missing up there. Mostly I just miss hanging with my friends. It is really one of the best parts of my week.

I am going to be gone for the next couple of weeks down near the equator where the mountains don't ever see snow but, the jungles are full of strange creatures that can and will keep me and my camera entertained for I am sure a good many hours! I may not even think about snow the whole time I am there but, I hope when I get back we still have a few more storms that will dump some new powder on those beautiful slopes so that I can get my spring skiing in. THAT is my favorite! To ski without the big bulky coats and to just "float" on top of the soft stuff with the sun shinning down making EVERYTHING sparkle...white puffy clouds and blue sky oh, the thoughts of it almost makes me want to fast forward to April!

Nope, didn't have a whole lot to do today...


2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Funny lady... It's like me at work, I know there are so many other things I could be doing! See you tonight!

Shauna said...

Where are you going?!!!! You're right ... spring skiing is the GREATEST!!! I'm hoping too, that I can get back up there once more!