Tuesday, February 9, 2010

~MY PERSON~

Chris is my "person", the sister I never had, my best friend and confidante! She is also younger than me...By 6 months! The reason I tell you that is for the longest time I loved being "older" than her...I could sort of show her the ropes so to speak. Help her through the hard times. Be there in the good. You know all that "older than you stuff". Now, the table is turned and I am realizing that I am not all that thrilled with the "older position". I want to trade now.

This is a poem that her friend gave to her for her birthday. I thought it was SO cute that I had to post it on my blog too. (Hope you don't mind Chris!). It makes me feel like I am not so alone in the aging process when I realize that my younger family members are getting stuff from their friends that make fun of their aging processes too :)

MY FORGETTER

My Forgetter's getting better
But my rememberer is broke
To you that may seem funny
But, to me, that is no joke.

For when I'm "here" I'm wondering
If I really should be "there"
And, when I try to think it through,
I haven't got a prayer!

Oft times I walk into a room,
Say "what am I here for?"
I wrack my brain, but all in vain
A zero is my score.

At times I put something away
Where it is safe, but, Gee!
The person it is safest from
Generally, is me!

When shopping I may see someone,
Say "Hi" and have a chat,
Then, when the person walks away
I ask myself, "who's that?"

Yes, my forgetter's getting better
While my rememberer is broke,
And it's driving me plumb crazy
and that isn't any joke!

Let's ride our bikes to the dunes this summer Chris and write our names in the sand and pretend for a little while that we are 17 again!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Oh how I can relate to this! Yesterday at tennis, I ran into two girls that I had met just one week ago and couldn't remember who they were, how I knew them, or what their names were!!!!!

Chris said...

Wouldn't it be soooo much fun to just forget all the inbetween stuff of our lives and for just one day go back and write names in the sand. I don't think there was ever two people that have more history and fun than we did. For that we can thank our parents!!! You are the best!