Saturday, February 20, 2010

~IN THE FOG~

Apparently I had a little accident while making my way to another ski lift on Thursday. I don't remember a thing but, my friends tell me that as I was coming down, picking up speed to make it up to the ramp to the lift to take me up to the other mountain a skier turned in front of me and either clipped my skies or me and down I went...hard...on my head...I have never been knocked unconscious before, but I can now tell you that it is a rather confusing state of mindlessness. No one is really sure how long I was completely "out" but they think it was around 2-3 minutes. All I know is that when I opened my eyes nothing made sense. My friend Dee was asking me questions which apparently I was answering right if they were long term memory questions but, my short term memory had been short circuited by the impact and I had nothin! No one would let me move so, while on my stomach I kept looking up at the lift, it said "Arrowhead". I have skied that mountain for 15 years and "Arrowhead" was pure jibberish! I kept thinking that it was summer and I had been in a mountain biking accident. WEIRD!

My friends said I got to ride down to base with this very cute ski patrol guy! To bad I don't remember any of it! I do remember Dee telling me to smile!!! So strange to be home and wonder how your skies got off your feet, your boots were taken off ( cause they are hard to get off ) your shoes are put on, you fill out reports, and some one drives you home and on the way you stop to see the doctor and you can't remember any of it!

Thanks again to all of my gal pals for really going the extra mile this week and taking care of their "Older" but not "Elderly" sista...not yet anyway! See ya on the slopes next week :)

4 comments:

zac, kami & zion said...

Oh my goodness, Joey! I hope everything is ok. I think you are in need of a little R & R this weekend. Your body could use it, that's for sure. Take care of yourself.

Shauna said...

Wow Joey!!! So sorry to hear about your accident! As I was skiing yesterday the thought went through my head of how easy it would be to lose control and run into a tree. I guess it was a GREAT thing that you had your helmet on!!!!!!! Hope you're feeling better!!!

Chris said...

DO YOU REMEMBER THAT WE'RE NOT AS YOUNG AS WE USED TO BE...FALLING IS SO MUCH WORSE AT OUR AGE. I'M STILL IMPRESSED WITH YOUR ATHLETICISM (HOWEVER YOU SPELL THAT) YOU WILL PROBABLY OUT LIVE US ALL. TAKE CARE OF YOUR SELF AND BE MORE CAREFUL AND WATCH OUT FOR THE OTHER GUY!

Joey said...

I love your oldness Chris and, I will.