Wednesday, October 7, 2009

~H1N1~

Oink! Oink!

Well, it finally caught up with me! H1N1...Let's just say that it isn't pretty and no one really should have to go through it if there is any reason not to. I am on day 6 and just starting to feel like I may survive! I was told by some of the people that I work with (doctors and nurses), that they were not testing for the virus so there was really no reason to go in if I felt like I might have it so...I didn't go in and waited too long and did it ever hit me with a vengeance! The really bad thing about this virus is that you don't feel all that bad at first...it takes a day maybe two before it has you. Don't let it fool you! NOTE TO ALL OF YOU OUT THERE... They ARE testing and get yourselves in there if you have ANY of these symptoms: Sore throat, cough, runny nose, fever, head ache, body aches, nausea with vomiting and or diarrhea DON'T wait. There IS a drug that will make it so much easier to handle. The test is a simple nose swab. Painless. NO SHOTS! I promise. Then if you have it, STAY HOME! It will last from 7-10 days with or without the medicine but it will be much easier on you with the medicine! It works best within the first 12-24 hours after the onset of symptoms. It hits the age groups the hardest from 30-60, pregnant women and babies so be very careful and make sure that you wash your hands and cover your mouth when you cough...you know all that good common sense stuff. Honestly, I don't remember being this sick! If I can keep anyone from making the same mistake I did, I will feel like maybe something good came out of me being really stupid!

5 comments:

* Gar * Lis * Charly * said...

JOEY!!! You do have it? IM SO SORRY!!!!! You have been so miserable and i feel so bad! I hope it doesn't take too much longer for you to start feeling better.

Shauna said...

Are you SERIOUS!??? YOU have H1N1? You of all people ... I can't believe it! I'm so sorry Joey! I will keep you in my prayers!!!

The Caldwells said...

i'm so sorry!! yuck! i hope you start feeling better soon

zac, kami & zion said...

Oh Joey :( I'm so sorry you are siick. That sounds miserable. I hope you are on the upside of things here pretty quick.

Cambria said...

mom, now that you are feeling a little better lets go to park city--- or riverwoods works too! hahah love ya thanks for spending the day with me on Saturday!