Tuesday, October 13, 2009

~BACK ON TRACK~

I returned to work yesterday after spending the previous week pretty much in bed with "swine flu". Honestly, I have never had to stay down in my life like I had to with this bug... It felt almost good to be back in the trenches again. I am not sure if I am all the way better yet, I still have a lingering cough which they tell me could hang on for a month.
WHAT!

Cabin Fever hit hard as I started to feel better...We are just not supposed to spend our lives in bed, couped up indoors! That in itself is almost as miserable as having the FLU! I am so grateful that I have my health and that when I do get sick I can bounce back and be well again. I am certainly one who takes that for granted much too often. In fact, I rarely get sick so, when I do I am a little ticked and out of patience with the whole idea. You know what they say, nurses and doctors make the worst patients...it's true, we do! We know how to "take care of sick" but we don't know how to "be sick". So, here's to not having it happen again. I won't be needing the vaccine. I seem to never end up needing the vaccine! It's like some one out there is telling me..."come on Joey build that immune system"! It will be a good thing in the long run right. I can nurse all of YOU back to health when you come down with it because you know you will eventually after all it is a pandemic :)


(* There is now one extra vaccine out there somewhere...).

4 comments:

Cambria said...

glad your feeling better mommy love you!

Shauna said...

I'm happy you're feeling better Joey! Why is it that we have to go through something like that to appreciate a normal, healthy, productive day?!!!

Caldwell Family 6 said...

Okay, just FYI. My kids ped said that even if you think you have had it, you should still get the vaccine...SO make sure you don't need it, lets not do this again! Thanks for coming over the other night, the kids had fun and they were happy to see you! LoR

Stephanie said...

So why is Jon still acting like a Jack*&%? Just a Jon thing? Lord, give me the strength to stay married after swine flu!