Saturday, October 3, 2009

~OCTOBER-CONFERENCE WEEKEND~

"Every family prayer,
every episode of scripture study
and each family home evening is a brush stroke on the canvas of our souls."
Elder Bednar


I have to admit that I was never a great example of
any of the above. When people ask me how I managed to raise such great kids I simply answered by saying: "They came that way." And then I think to myself..."man if they only knew."

As much as I failed in the areas that might have left brush strokes on the canvas of their souls there was one thing that Elder Bednar talked about that I have always been good at. "CONSISTENCY". My kids will testify of that! Maybe that is the key to raising good children. The other stuff is the icing on the cake. Sometimes it is all we can do to "bake that cake." It's okay if we can't do it all but, if we are consistent in what we can do it is possible that we will have taught our children to create their very own "brush strokes!"

3 comments:

* Gar * Lis * Charly * said...

Joey thank you for being so consistent! I have such a wonderful husband to show for it!

Shauna said...

I'm sure you were a lot more AWESOME than you give yourself credit for. With a daughter who loves her "mommy" so much, you have to be pretty incredible!!! Love your photo!

Cambria said...

Mommy you've always, ALWAYS been wonderful, I love you so much!