Friday, May 1, 2009

~BACK TO AFRICA~


I'm at work at the moment playing the never ending waiting game...wait for doctors, wait for patients, wait for OR's, wait for instuments. Wait, wait, wait...in the meantime I get in on the
most interesting conversations. Some of them worthwhile, some of them not so much. This mornings meaningful segment came with the realization that all things come to those who wait. I have been racking my brain trying to figure out a way to afford to go back to Africa this fall. With everything that we have been through this year financially it is really quite CRAZY for me to even consider it but, Africa has gotten under my skin and I can't seem to shake the faces of those beautiful little children from my mind. It's hard to explain because when your there it is extremely difficult work and all you really want to do is come home to where life is so much easier and you have clean beds to sleep in, fresh water to drink and your don't have to be locked in at night with guard dogs on the loose. Yet when your home all you really want to do is hurry and go back. Strange how you can't really seem to explain it. I can't come up with words that even come close to having it make sense to anyone. It just seems to"pull" me. So, I will "wait" and see what I can come up with. Perhaps with enough "waiting" for just the right opportunities and having enough patience with some of the people who feel that Africa should not be a priority on my "bucket list" again, anything is possible. I guess I will just have to "wait" and see. In the meantime what do you think? Should I go?

4 comments:

Shauna said...

You are a beautiful story teller Joey!!! I love to keep in touch!

Cambria said...

Go only if you will take me with you!

Joey said...

If you want to go, go! Do you think Jon is going to keep me from buying the camera I want?

Also, I fixed your comment thingy, now maybe you'll get my comments.

Stephanie said...

MOM! Sorry! I was in your account fixing your comment thing when I left that last comment! te-he!