Sunday, May 17, 2009

~FAMILY~

What a fun weekend in sunny St. George! My nephew Todd married the love of his life Staci in the most beautiful of surroundings...the DESSERT! Me, being a "dessert rat" myself can truly appreciate such a unique and absolutely gorgeous place. It was also such a treat to be out of the vacillating 50-60 degree temperatures of the north and into the 90 degree temps of the south. At least for a day or two!

The very best part of the weekend was that I got to see my sisters!! I honestly don't have a memory of any importance growing up that doesn't include these beautiful girls. If you ever need a template of how to raise a healthy, happy family, you should probably ask our parents because they did such a great job! We still to this day really, really love each other!!! REALLY!

I know that many of you that know me are a little confused at this point because you thought that I was the only girl in my family of boys...I am but, the part you are missing is that my cousins are actually more than cousins...Our mom's are sisters and our dad's are brothers! We grew up just down the road from each other and there were times when our mom's didn't know which girl they had at their house! Chris and I are just 6 months apart and looked quite a bit alike as we grew up. Our mom's even dressed us alike sometimes making it even more confusing to our friends and teachers! There are people in Delta who to this day still do not know which set of parents we belong to for sure! We love it. There would be a tendency to think that polygamy was perhaps involved somewhere which might be an easier way of explaining all of this but our fathers are good little Catholic boys who married good little Mormon girls! Sorry folks...no "Plig" stories for the record books on this side of the family. But, I have to say to all of you out there who wonder how the Catholic/Mormon thing worked out...GREAT! Turns out an open mind is a wonderful thing.


P.S.

We missed you Mitzi!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I have to agree that your parents did a great job. You are all so cute and such wonderful people. I know your Moms are smiling down on you all!!