Monday, May 18, 2009

~HOME FROM AFRICA~

Elder and Sister STUTZ have arrived safely home after many months of missionary service in Kenya. I was so happy to be able to spend a little time with them today. They stopped in Provo after visiting family in St. George. They are on their way back to Boise ID ( home). After being gone for so long they needed to catch up with every one so, they have been doing a little traveling and visiting before reality sets in and real life takes hold once again. In some ways I am not sure life for them will ever be the same after living in Africa and that is a GOOD thing! There you can learn in a very short time that "things" are not so important anymore and the way you look at the world when you come home is just a little bit different than it was before you went. We have so MUCH! Even the poor in this country have so much in comparison to the people this wonderful missionary couple have been with for the last year. It is truly humbling to live with, work with and love the people of Katalia and might I add...Kakamega!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

I sense you are falling more and more in love with Africa ...

Joey said...

I'm not so much in love with Africa as much as it is time to go again and it's all that we talk about at work. It is a little all consuming! I do like it in small doses...a few weeks at a time. I really don't think I could go for as long as I thought that I could before now that I have been there and actually seen what it is all about. I would much rather go to ITALY!