Saturday, May 30, 2009

~MEMORIAL DAY~

In a small cemetery just a few short miles from where I grew up some of the most important people in my life are buried. I don't think a day goes by that I don't think about them or do something that reminds me of them. How truly lucky I am to have a family that is so wonderful in life that even when that life is taken away they remain as wonderful in death.




I still make sure that I place only flowers on my mothers grave that I know that she would appreciate...she had a "thing" for color. She liked the yellows, reds, and oranges. The warm summer colors while, my Aunt Choral loved the pastels, the colors of spring, pink, blue, and lavender. They were so different in so many ways and yet so alike and inseparable!

People used to tell me all the time how much I looked like my mom...she's been gone a few years now and people seem to say that I look more like my dad now. I don't really know who I look like all I know is that if I can be even half the people that my mom and dad are I will turn out more than alright! It is hard to loose the good influences in our lives and fortunately if we are lucky we don't loose them all at once! I will always be grateful when I look in the mirror and once in awhile catch a glimpse of the one person that I miss most....love you mom.

2 comments:

Caldwell Family 6 said...

I always wish I would have been able to meet your mother. I can't believe I dated John a year and never met her. I was only able to see her for a minute at Utah Valley. I am sure she was amazing.

* Gar * Lis * Charly * said...

I'm so glad you were able to go to Delta and visit your family! Gar still needs to take me there!