Thursday, September 10, 2009

~TIME~

She's bent and twisted, she moves slowly as she walks
It seems like yesterday that I would wave to her as she
hurried here and there around her yard or for a stroll
around the neighborhood.

Such a sweet, complicated, intricate old woman now, barely able
to hear as I greet her, lost in her own world of quiet darkness.
Has it really been that long, or have the years just been that hard
on her?

Sometimes I feel like the world has it backwards. We should get
better as we get older...healthier, stronger, both in mind and body.
Haven't we paid our dues? Don't we deserve our "Golden Years" to
be truly "Golden"? I'm not saying that we should live forever,
just go
out with a bang! At the top of our game, able to give
St. Peter a "high five" as we pass through those pearly gates,
telling him just how great our earthly experience was
and how we would like to do it again sometime.

Before long my dear friend will be gone. She will leave me to wave
cheerfully to my sweet younger neighbors who will
say a few years down the road...
There's Joey! Such a complicated, intricate old woman now,
barely able to hear as we greet her. Lost in her own world...
Has it really been that long or have the years just been that hard on her?