Thursday, September 24, 2009

~SEPTEMBER~

I was feeling restless today...more so than usual. I got up and went to my trainer then decided to ride Right Hand Fork in Hobble Creek. When I got home I hadn't had quite enough so I called Cambria and talked her into going on a hike with me ... little did she know what I had in mind!



I remember hiking to some lakes a long time ago that I thought were on the Mirror Lake Highway. I have always wanted to go back and explore them again and I thought that today would be the PERFECT day. The colors are beautiful and the temperature is just where you would want it for hiking. I just needed company. I knew that if I sold it just right I could talk Cambria into it.

I have never been much of a salesman but the weather and the time of year helped me out tremendously. She acquiesced and even got Skyler and Christina to come along. The dogs came too. I am not sure who loved it more...me or the dogs!

We never did find the lakes I was looking for, but we did find some others that were beautiful. We went to Mirror Lake, Crystal Lake, Long Lake, and a couple of other small lakes that were more like ponds. Thor and Shelby loved the ponds and ended up completely soaked by the time we were ready to leave. They kept us totally entertained. The trails were easy and there was a gorgeous view around every corner. I'm not real sure they would be mountain bikeable...the rocks are slightly large. (Like boulder large).

I think that I would like to make a habit of this. An adventure every week. If anyone would like to join me just let me know. We could call it
"Where In The World Is Joey and Friends"...We will post pictures and make everyone guess...oh the places we could go in a day!(Sort of stole this idea from Matt Lauer,
but he has a lot more $$ to go to a lot farther away places and be gone weeks at a time. Wish I could offer that)!


Skyler liked the sign that said "Smith Morehouse," so I had to take a picture of it for him. It was only 19 miles from where we were. An easy ride in the Razor!

Nina was a trooper. She wasn't real sure that she wanted to come but didn't really have anything better to do today so we talked her into it. I am not sure she was all that glad on the way up the trail that she had said "yes" but on the way down she was thinking that it had been a great way to spend a day. She was a tired girl on the ride home however. I'm thinking that we may not get her to come again with us real soon...but so glad she came today!

Thanks you Sky, Cam and Nina for going with me today. I had a blast! I have already got a place in mind for next week if your up to it! hehe. Anyone, anyone...?

2 comments:

Cambria said...

it was a super fun day

Shauna said...

What FUN!!! Where exactly is this? Behind your house?!! There is a Smith and Morehouse up where our cabin is. What day are you talking about ... Wednesdays? If I could take myself away from tennis for a day I could come and join you! Wednesdays I might!