Sunday, September 20, 2009

~DUST~

Where does the time go? This has been a busy week. The fact that I teach R.S. this week only adds to the "crazy"! I have to say that there is always such a great feeling I get when I study and prepare my lessons for R.S. I know that I learn more than anyone else but seriously, I LEARN! My favorite quote from preparing this lesson came from President Faust. He said:

"A SENSITIVE CONSCIENCE IS A SIGN OF A HEALTHY SPIRIT"

Now when I feel guilty about not doing all the things that I should be doing I can be comforted in knowing that I have a "healthy spirit!"

I recently finished reading the new historical novel written by Lund about the Saints who settled Bluff and Montezuma Creek along the San Juan River in Southern Utah. It's mostly fiction but based on historical fact about the wagon train trek through Hole in the Rock, the Chute, Slick Rock Hill and the rest of the rugged places that adventure in faith and perseverance took them. I often wonder if I could have done what they did. What strength they possessed both mentally and physically. What great hardships they endured. How honored I am to be a product of pioneer heritage for I know that deep down if I am ever asked to call upon it I too will find it within myself. After all, there is a little "dust" on all of us isn't there? Maybe we shouldn't be so quick to brush it off...

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Beautiful post Joey! Yes, I will think of my "healthy spirit" too when my conscience gets to me!!! Good luck with your lesson today!