Sunday, August 9, 2009

~SATURDAY MORNING WAFFLES~



It is very possible that this could be the reason for the few pounds that I have noticed the last little while...Oh how I LOVE this Saturday morning breakfast! It is more like a Saturday morning ritual! I start looking forward to it about Thursday...sick, I know but honestly these waffles are to 'DIE' for! I know everyone is going to want the recipe so I am just going to go ahead and add it to this post. You will all thank me or hate me...I will also add the recipe for the very best buttermilk syrup EVER. This will add only a few more pounds to your weekend. No worries however. I have found that if you just increase your mileage by 4 you will have burned off what you ate and not have to feel guilty all weekend! Okay maybe by 6. Here are the recipes:


OVERNIGHT WAFFLES

2 C. Flour
1Tbsp. Sugar
2 C. Milk
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1 1/2 tsp Yeast
1/2 tsp Salt
1 Stick Melted Butter
Mix and cover; let sit 8 hours at room temperature. ( over night) Add 2 egg yolks, then add 2 whipped egg whites. ( You will want to double the recipe if you want to make waffles for more than 4 people. I can not even begin to tell you how good these waffles are...).

BUTTERMILK SYRUP

1 Stick Butter
1C. Buttermilk
2 . Sugar

Bring the above ingredients to a boil. Remove from heat and add 1 tsp. soda and 1 tsp. vanilla.
DON'T FORGET THE BLUEBERRIES, STRAWBERRIES, BLACKBERRIES, BANANAS, AND OF COURSE THE WHIPPED CREAM!!! (perhaps 10 miles...).

4 comments:

Shauna said...

Yum! Maybe if you could eliminate the whipped cream and just do berries on top? How many calories would that save? Does it make you want to eat all day long after having this for breakfast?!!!!

Caldwell Family 6 said...

Oh YUMMY! Calories shmalories! That's what I say! (Maybe that's why I too, have some extra pounds?) Looks dang good! Is that what I missed last saturday? My waffles were lame in comparison! Call again, please! I promise we will come! LoR

Caldwell Family 6 said...

HA not that you really have any extra pounds, let us be honest here! : )

Stephanie said...

Shi+...yeast. I'm out.