Friday, August 14, 2009

~LIFE IN THE OR~

Some of you know that I am starting a new job...well, I'm learning a new job at my old job. Does that make any sense at all? Anyway, I was told that I wouldn't really be starting on my own until September, that I wouldn't be put on the rotation until September and that as far as "lates" well that just wasn't going to happen until I was up to speed on where everything was located and understood how all the machines worked and could figure out how things needed to be fixed on my own. Let's just say I still have A LOT to learn. Guess what! I am on the schedule MONDAY in OR 5, on my own, LATE! Poor, poor Dr. Chamberlain. It is a dang good thing that he likes me ( I think) because he is going to have to be very patient whilst I muddle through my very 1st day of circulating on my own. It's an easy room so I should be fine but man, WHAT ARE THEY THINKING? I'm old, don't they know that I need time to gather my thoughts let alone implement a plan and then put it into action! Oh boy, this could really be interesting or hilarious...see Joey, see Joey run!

3 comments:

Caldwell Family 6 said...

HA HA HA thanks for the chuckle. You are a funny lady. I am sure that you are going to be fabulous at your new job. So glad you came to the cabin, we had a great time! LoR
PS you are not OLD...you can say that when you are 90 and on a bedpan, heaven forbid (the bedpan part) Now that's old...

Stephanie said...

Good luck Mom! Wish I could empathize with you, but I would definitely be a lot worse at that job than you are.

The Marvelous Mrs. Miller said...

Good luck! If anyone can do it, I know you can!