Thursday, February 5, 2009

Up, Up and Away!















The sunrise looking toward Lake Nakuru as we flew over the Masai Mara in Kenya in a hot air balloon. It was breathtaking. So quiet and peaceful. The animals hardly knew we were above them. Kenya is known through out the world for the National Game Reservers it boasts. Having been there I can see why they are so well known for their animals. There are so many. Everything you could possibly want to see you can see in Kenya. However, if you have a bad back you might want to wait until the roads are a little better.It is a work in progress. After the safari I felt as if I had mountain biked Africa!

This elephant was what they called a "rouge" he was very mean and would attack jeeps and safari members...we kept our distance. The natives call him Jimba! I was so nervous to be around him, I saw no reason to make him angry!!!
Notice the torn skin on the knees of the giraffe. Something obviously wanted him for dinner!
I loved the cheetah cubs. They were adorable. We were able to get very close to them. it was awesome! Mom was always very close by...
Pride Rock!
On Safari

4 comments:

Joey said...

This is coming along! I love the pictures! It looks awesome!

Me said...

Nice pics! Looks like fun.

zac, kami & zion said...

JOEY! I miss you. Me and Zac just started a blog too and I'm so happy that I found yours. However, you forgot to mention that you have several adopted children as well. ;) I love all of these pictures. That fracture is incredible. You are so amazing and giving to go donate your time and talent and serve such deserving people. I love you!

Stephanie said...

Ha! When I posted the first comment it was when I was logged in under your account! You sent yourself a comment! LOL! Sorry, it was really from me.