Sunday, February 15, 2009

FEBRUARY 14th or there about...



Happy Valentines Day!!!

I love Valentines Day. I always have. I guess it goes back to when I was a little girl and my dad would always leave a box of chocolates on my pillow and a card telling me I was his favorite little girl...I was his only little girl so being his favorite was a given! I would have loved to have had a sister to grow up with but, if that would have meant sharing my dad well...that might have been not so worth it. He was and still is my rock, my best friend and my light in the dark when I'm afraid. I guess you could say since it is Valentines Day...he is my Valentine! At least one of them... Steve, (my other Valentine) and I along with Garett and Lisa spent part of the day shopping...for skies. I finally broke down and bought a new pair. I have been skiing on the same pair for 10 years! Not sure they will help me ski any better but at least I will "look" like I should know what I am doing. I love that Steve will only let me buy the best. He really doesn't even know what that is when it comes to skies but, he will talk to the sales reps. forever until he thinks that he knows and then tell me why he thinks that I should get the ones that are "usually" the most $$$. He is a firm believer in "you get what you pay for". I love that about him. He is always looking out for me. Now if I could just convince him to ski! Thanks Gar and Lisa for tagging along.

Steve helped Garett fix Lisa's car after towing it up the switchbacks and into our garage. Then we all went to dinner and to the movie. We all felt like celebrating because they actually "fixed" the car...All the parts were clearly back in the car and not one screw was left sitting on the garage floor. AMAZING!! Later that weekend we found out that the only thing wrong with the car was that it was OUT OF GAS!!! I laughed hysterically when Steve told me that the gas gauge was malfunctioning...I'm still proud of you boys for replacing a perfectly good fuel filter! (Don't be mad that I blogged this Gar).

Grandpa Steve sent all the grand kids a Valentine Box filled with gifts and treats which they received during the week. It has been fun to get their excited calls. It is always so fun to get something in the mail! Happy Valentines Day everyone. XOXO!

No comments: