Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Today has been a particularly difficult day. As a mom I think that I should be able to have the answers to questions that are sometimes impossible. As a nurse I think that I should be able to fix everything that goes wrong and make it all better. Impossible is a word that I refuse to use most of the time and yet there are some circumstances that are just that...What determines our experiences in life. Did we choose them before we came here or do they choose us once we are here. Which ever it is it sometimes just plain hurts and there is not a thing we can do about it but get through it. Then, once through, the" healing" hurts. Time ticks away and one day you look back and call it an "experience". You reflect on what you actually learned through it all and convince yourself that it really is amazing how it works. Then we move on and help others who may be going through similar struggles and because we have been through it ourselves we sometimes really do know what to say and what to do to help them. Then they begin to heal also, and so it goes.

3 comments:

The Caldwells said...

Thanks for your thoughts

Shauna said...

Oh, so profound Miss Joey! I love it! You are a GOOD lady!

{Jamey} said...

Hey Joey! Thanks for the nice comments! I'm jealous... I want to go back to Hawaii too! I could seriously live there and never get island fever! Our blog is now private so send me your e-mail address on facebook, and I'll invite you to view our blog :)