Tuesday, November 29, 2011

~FAMILY~


This has not been a stellar month for me emotionally, death takes a toll on everyone involved especially those closest to the ones who are left. It really doesn't matter if you are 5, 25 or 91, there is never a good time to say good-by. The only thing that makes it bearable for me is knowing that I will see everyone who I miss so much again. I truly believe this is true and I can not even entertain the thoughts of how wonderful that reunion will be.

I miss those that are missing in my life. I feel the need to call my mom, go for a ride with Bruce. I need to eat sugar cookies with my grandma, you know those really thin crispy ones that I, for the life of me, can not make! There are just certain things that those who leave us take with them that we will always miss. Perhaps that is the Lords way of helping us to always remember the blessing they were in our lives.

My Aunt Mildred passed away this week. She was 91. The last living member of my mothers family, she truly was an "Angel on Earth". Sometimes when you would call her she didn't always recognize your voice so she would say stuff like: "Hello, I don't know who this is, but I do know that I love you!" She was always so happy to hear from me whenever I called... I should have called more often. One thing I have learned is that there are always some regrets, we are not always as thoughtful, kind and caring as we could have been but, if in realizing this we make a change, be it very small, we have turned a corner and have learned yet one more lesson in this experience of finding our way home. I can only pray that I do this "earth" thing as well as my Aunt Mildred did. You will be missed Aunt Mildred...For now.

1 comment:

* Gar * Lis * Charly * said...

Love you Joey! Sorry this has been such a hard month! I've always looked at you as a very strong woman, so even though hard it may be I know you will be okay! :)