Thursday, November 17, 2011

~JOEY'S PARELLEL UNIVERSE~

We all have them, little chinks in our armor that we would prefer no one know about. We spend most of our lives trying unsuccessfully to cover them up usually to no avail. We make excuses for them and sometimes blame others for what they often get us in trouble for but, inevitably we have to face the truth, that being; they are OUR flaws and the only one that can fix them or learn to live with them is each one of us individually. I've learned to call this "dancing with demons"

I tend to have my share of these little critters that insist on infiltrating my already busy life. They seem to be very insistent on making an appearance on practically a daily basis. For me, I have found that it is so much easier to entertain them in short burst, bless you Classic Rock, Hip Hop, Alternative Rock and a "tiny bit of country"...You see, we were born with flaws, we will die with them however, learning to "dance with our demons" makes me and everyone around me so much happier and I like to think it sends the dorks into to sort of a sulk...Better them than me!

Let me just add: NEVER, EVER listen to piano music or try to entertain these little flawed ones with mellow stuff, you just may stay in your "funk" for DAYS!!! If you are like me this can be difficult, I happen to LOVE David Lanz, Jim Brickman, Kevin Kern, Kenny G, and all things soft and beautiful but, believe me you don't want to be dancing the waltz with these things!

Yes, yes I do believe that I have an angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other...That angel has save my butt more than once!

No comments: