Friday, May 6, 2011

~TIP TOE THROUGH THE TULIPS~








What a glorious day. We took the little girls to Thanksgiving Point to the Tulip Festival. They had so much fun riding around in their strollers looking at all the bright colors in the WARM sunshine. I have really started to wonder if spring was ever going to come or if we were just going to have winter until June or July! After yesterday I feel like spring really is here, you just have to go out of you way a little bit to find it.


I feel so rejuvenated, even work was better today because I was able to enjoy the outdoors yesterday. Isn't it so great that some of the smallest things can make you the most content. I love flowers. I wish my yard could look like Thanksgiving Point but, in all reality I know that it isn't possible. Just to be able to walk through a place like that is enough.


The entire time I was there I had the cute primary song in the back of my mind. You know, the one that goes..."Where is Heaven? Is it very far...When your with the ones you love it's right where you are"!

That is how it seemed yesterday among all the flowers, friends and family. I say, "Let's do it again real soon!

4 comments:

The Franjesevic Family said...

I love spring! I also love seeing pictures of your beautiful family! I hope all is going well! I'll see you the 23rd...I'm not excited about it...or I would put an exclamation point lol

Shauna said...

Thanks for letting me tag along! It was so nice to feel the warm sun!!!

Chris said...

Ahhh, I was sure the primary song was going to be: "Whenever I hear the song of a bird and......I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world....Heavenly Father created for me. I can't remember all the words but the tune is a favorite of mine. It makes me remember the good old Sugarville Ward and primary on Tuesdays...Oh boy did you open up a memory tube....sorry

Joey said...

Just in case you check back Chris...

Whenever I hear the song of a bird
or look at the blue, blue sky.

Whenever I feel the rain on my face
or the wind as it rushes by,

Whenever I touch a velvet rose
or walk by a lilac tree

I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world

Heavenly Father created for me...And you are right, if I had been just a little more reminiscent I would have for sure thought of this song to because I also LOVE it!