Monday, May 2, 2011

~SLEEP ELUDES ME~


It's 2:30 in the morning and I am posting...Sort of shows you how my night is going doesn't it. I have been fighting this cough for the past week thinking that it was going to go away as fast as it came but, alas, it has gotten the best of me ( and Steve) tonight. I have been banned from the bedroom until I can be quiet. Like that's going to happen. I have to get up in two hours anyway to go to work so why not just make it a early, early morning? Who knows maybe I will be so tired tonight that I won't even wake up to cough. (That mixed with a little codiene cough syrup and I could be sleeping peacefully until who knows...Next week?).

We had a busy weekend. It was Steve's birthday, a BIG one. He doesn't want to talk about it so I'll just post it for the whole family to read! He turned 60...Ouch! I kept telling him that 60 was the new 40 but, he wouldn't believe me so out of frustration I just said okay, fine...60 is the new 57 and 1/2! That got a smile! We spent the weekend doing birthday stuff and then on Sunday we were off to Farmington to the blessing of Emma. What a cute little thing she is with all of her red hair. I think that she will have blue eyes but, we shall see. Clark and Cami are moving to SPRINGVILLE in two weeks! How great is that. It will be so good to have them close for a while. I do feel bad for Cami's parents in Farmington, they have been waking up to Abbie for a long time now and I am sure that she will be missed...Speaking of waking up, that is something that I need to practice up on a little. Tomorrow is Thursday (my day off) and after being up night after night with this annoying cough I would really like to sleep in and wake up without it!

4 comments:

Chris said...

Hey...Happy Birthday to Steve! 60 is great (mind over matter). I really hope you get feeling better. I know how you feel when you have to sleep on the couch so your other half can peacefully sleep. You are going to be a very busy grandma with all your little ones getting closer and closer to you. I am really jealous!

Shauna said...

The picture ..... I'm trying to decided how I feel about it? :D I don't know how you get by with so little sleep? You truly must be a machine! Happy Birthday Steve! I really have heard that 60 is the new 40 too!

Joey said...

Shauna, I was going for the sleep of the DEAD at the time of the post!! Crazy I know but when you are that tired your thinking is a bit blurred...

Joey said...

I know Chris, can you believe it! Now if I could just get Stephanie to move here!