Monday, December 14, 2009

~SNOW DAY~

I was on my way to work this morning at my usual time of 5:15 a.m. when my cell phone rang. My phone NEVER rings at that time of morning so it startled me a little. I looked at it and it was my nursing supervisor. Thinking to myself that this could be either good or bad I tentatively answered to find out that my surgeon who had scheduled 8+ hours of surgery was sick and my day had been "CANCELED"!!! I happily turned my car around and headed home thinking of all the things that I could do today...Skiing being on the top of my priority list! I have always made myself wait until after Christmas to start skiing but man, the snow is just calling to me! The question is, just which girlfriend is going to succumb to my persistent pestering this morning? We shall see, maybe I can get a couple of them to trade a day of getting ready for Christmas for some fresh powder and that glorious mountain air.

6 comments:

* Gar * Lis * Charly * said...

That's so great Joey, Glad to hear it! Have fun!!

The Marvelous Mrs. Miller said...

Yay for you! What a great call! I hope you make it to the slopes & enjoy your snow day! Love ya!

The Caldwells said...

ENJOY!!!!

Shauna said...

Can't wait to hear if you went!!! I wonder if I'm EVER going to get out there again?? It's tempting!!!

zac, kami & zion said...

YAY! You deserve a day off filled with some fun! I'm happy for you!

Cambria said...

uhhh Julie and Julia was good! hahha I love random days off-