Thursday, December 24, 2009

~I NEED A LITTLE CHRISTMAS~

In my busy world I have little time to really sit back and enjoy life's little wonders. I am usually too tired to even cook when I come home from work and opt for a cookie and a diet sprite! I make my way to the computer and find there a little "parallel" universe that I have created for myself...My blog.

I was looking through some of my pictures of my grandchildren and in doing so realized once again how very blessed I am to have in my life such beautiful children. Each one brings a unique and wonderful personality that I cherish. I have watched them grow and have been amazed at how much they accomplish in so few years. I know that I certainly was not as smart as they are when I was their age.


Our grandkids like their grandpa best. I think it is because he is the one that spoils them the most. When they come to our house or, to the cabin grandma is usually cooking and grandpa is there to play with. Just the way it should be. I keep thinking that I will win them over some day but I don't think so. Simply put, they LOVE their grandpa! Just ask them they are brutally honest. It's okay, I keep reminding myself...they would starve to death without me...

Christmas is so much more fun when the grandkids arrive! I can hardly wait...camera in hand...til they get here. It is almost like it was when our kids were kids only better because, when they get tired and cross they go home with their moms and dads, take a much needed nap and come back again all "niced" up! Gotta love that!


To all of you who read my blog and comment...Thank you! For all of you who read my blog and don't comment...That's okay to. I hope that all of you have a wonderful holiday season filled with family, friends and the love that comes when we center our homes and our lives around our Savior who's birth we celebrate.

Merry Christmas, may we be generous with the spirit this wonderful season brings. Smile more, reach out and take a hand, say thank you, talk to the people around you, and look...Up.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

I love reading your blog Joey! Any Grandma would appreciate all the sentiments about grandchildren! I love the phrase, "all niced up"! That's the beauty of these little creatures! Merry Christmas!!!

Cambria said...

mommy- just wait six more months and you'll have ANOTHER grandbaby and he/she WILL LOVE YOU MOST haha I'll make sure of that and I remember Maddie always wanting grandma- she's a grandmas girl. That's for sure! Love you. See you On Christmas day!!! (tomorrow).