Sunday, December 27, 2009

~Christmas 2009~












































I really had good intentions of trying to get a cute picture of all of the little ones around the Christmas tree, all together at once. Can I just tell you that professional photographers really EARN their pay! There is NO WAY these 6 little kids were going to hold still for 5 seconds to let me take a quick picture of all of them together so, I opted for shots of each of them separately. 284 pictures later these are the ones I dare post. I have to admit that none of them turned out all that great but I am trying to learn how to use a new camera (thanks Steve) and it is a little more than what I am used to. I have a LOT to learn!!! (I SO love digital).

Our third Christmas was just as fun as the first two. We had everyone here today for dinner and then to open the last of the gifts! Now, the house is empty again and I am not sure if I am ready for it all to be over...I love Christmas. I love everything about it. I love the anticipation and the feel of the holidays. It seems like we spend so much time getting ready for them that when they are finally here they come and go so fast we are often left scratching our heads and wondering where it all went!
I think that I am learning to enjoy them even more. I think that I am learning to relax a little and just "observe" . I am realizing that life is changing for me in more ways than I want to admit but that most of the time it is not a bad thing. It is rather enjoyable to watch from the soft seats as my children take charge of each of their own little families. Oh, they still want me to do the cooking and at times need my company and sound, sage, advise...hehe...But for the most part it is each other that they come to see and I love that!

So this is Christmas 2009, tomorrow it is back to work and the sweet memories of Christmas hopefully will carry me through the 12-14 hour of surgeries I am sure they have scheduled for me :)

3 comments:

Cambria said...

cute cute pictures mommy!

��Radio Mihalis Thalassis - Athens Greece said...

Happy new year. Michael

Shauna said...

Congratulations on your new camera! Are you "getting" it? Your pictures are adorable! Photography is a LOT harder than it looks isn't it? There is always something to learn!!! Welcome to 2010!