Monday, November 2, 2009

~BACK HOME AGAIN~

Sometimes I think that there is a little bit of New York in all of us. Especially when I have to leave knowing that it will be a while before I return again. There is just something about New York that tends to make you want to return and return. Fascinating? Yes. Diverse? Absolutely. But, more than that there is an atmosphere that tends to draw you in. It's like you find yourself thinking..."I could live here." "I COULD LIVE HERE!" I know that it would probably get old after a while. Just like every other place does. You would probably grow tired of the theater, the museums, the shopping, the different cultures, the food, the night life, the people watching, the...traffic, the crowds, the ipod zombies... But it is interesting to be here for a week and take it all in. Honestly, unless I had a VERY lucrative job, I couldn't live there. I couldn't afford to! When you pay $20-$25.00 just for lunch everyday ( and that is a cheap lunch) you have to be making some good money to make ends meet! A cheap apt. will run you $150.00 a day! WOW! A little out of my league :) I can't really complain. I love where I live and that I get to visit NYC once every now and again. We tried to pack as
much into the time we had there as we could taking in one show after another. Eating at all of the places that people had suggested we try and orienting ourselves once again to the metro and the Uptown/Downtown way the New Yorkers do everything.

We happened to hit the very busy weekend of Halloween and the New York City Marathon. It was well, shall we say interesting to say the least. Halloween takes on a whole new dimension in New York! Move over little kids because the BIG kids are out to make a SPLASH! The bigger the better!

Steve and I watched the NYC marathon runners come in from Central Park. It was wonderful. Such a beautiful place to be. We sat on the rocks up above everyone else and looked down on the course as the runners came in. Our own "birds eye view."

We had a blast and if there was one thing we might have done different it may have been to stay just a little longer!

I might have had a few more chestnuts also!
















4 comments:

* Gar * Lis * Charly * said...

Glad you guys had fun!!! That's so cool you were able to go see all those shows!!!! Glad you're home!

Tyler and Ashley Mortensen said...

AHH looks like fun Im SOOO Jealous! We had tickets for the 14th of october... but ended up buying a house instead :) so we had to cancel and put the flights on hold! Cant wait to go though!

Shauna said...

So happy you had fun!!! It's a magical place and one of our favorite places to visit!!! Jon is already talking about the next time we can go!
Welcom home!!!!!!!

Cambria said...

haha Shauna and I said the same thing while we were there- "I could live here" hahha it's a fun place- but boy of boy am I glad you are home!