Sunday, November 29, 2009

~TO GRANDMOTHER'S HOUSE WE GO~


Thanksgiving dinner was just THAT good this year! We had so much fun with the family all there. Every other year we get everyone of the kids to come home but, Stephanie and Jon haven't made it for a few years so it was a real treat this year to have everyone there. We even had Grandma Verna.

I am so glad that Grandpa Bob wanted to go to the cabin. I was pretty set on having Thanksgiving at home this year but he convinced me that the cabin was a better idea and as usual he was right. The weather was absolutely gorgeous! John helped the little ones build a tee pee outside and they had a blast playing in it all weekend. I love knowing that they will have these memories one day to look back on and that they will always bring a smile to their face as they recall all the fun times they spent with their cousins at the cabin! I have so many of my own that bring me such joy as I think back. I was such a lucky girl to have such a wonderful childhood with great parents and wonderful cousins to spend ALL my days with! Now I see my grandchildren doing the same thing and I wish they knew right now how lucky they are to have such good friends in their lives forever!


We certainly ate until we hurt Thanksgiving day. Nobody left the table hungry. Nobody left the couch hungry or the kitchen or the great room or the cabin for that matter. There was enough food for another dinner the next day. One day I am going to learn to cook just the right amount of food. But then Skyler would be so disappointed that there were no left overs...

4 comments:

Shauna said...

Stephanie was there too!!???? LUCKY! You are right about leftovers ... I think they are the ONLY leftovers our family actually eats! Darling photo of S&J!!!

Cambria said...

mmmmmm mommy your food was AMAZING! Definitely a HOME RUN! thanks for a wonderful weekend!

The Caldwells said...

thanksgiving was so much fun! thanks for hosting all of us! and i love that picture of john and steph!!! so cute

Stephanie said...

aw...I want that picture! I'm so glad we came... everything was fabulous and I loved seeing G-ma and G-pa... still sad about the pound cake though.