Thursday, November 19, 2009

~GONE TOO SOON~

Like everyone else, my life's story will read someday that I lived, I loved and I passed on. What it may not say or what many might not ever know are the obscure people who touched my life and helped make me who I am. One such person lived, loved and passed on himself this last week. Torn from his family too early he leaves a legacy of gentle wisdom, and a love for family that few men attain in this life. Lucky him! He told me once that he felt that of all the people that he could remember from our high school class I had probably made the most changes...not sure how I felt about that at the time but, as the years checked themselves off I realized that it was a sincere and genuine compliment, ment only to help me achieve even more good things in my life. He knew what I was capabale of even back then. I have thought of him often and smiled. I will think of him still. He was and will continue to be one of those people who if you were lucky enough to have him touch your life in some way you were truly blessed.

2 comments:

Cambria said...

oh mom I just love you so much!

Shauna said...

Joey, you post the most beautiful sentiments!!! Who is this lovely person you're speaking of?