Sunday, October 9, 2011

~CAN"T GET ENOUGH~





I can't seem to get enough of the beautiful fall colors! Steve and I risked our lives last weekend as we rode through the mountains taking in the breath-taking beauty of the changing leaves. Seems it is time for the sheep herders to get all of the sheep to lower range land for the winter. Lots of semi-trucks loading lots of sheep one of which was going WAY to fast ran us off the road. We were very grateful that we were not next to a cliff when he decided to come barreling down the mountain road and around the corner in OUR lane brake-less! It wasn't that he didn't have any...He just chose not to use them so that he could keep his speed up for the hill to come... After realizing that we were alright and that we hadn't rolled the truck we "sort of" forgave the dork, I mean, how can you stay mad in such breath taking surroundings...

Don't you wish the leaves could just hang on for a couple of MONTHS instead of weeks when they are so pretty?

4 comments:

Shauna said...

Yes, I do wished that this season was longer! It's way too short, just as Spring is! Glad you're ok! What's up with these crazy drivers???!!!

Chris said...

Beautiful Pictures...I am going to have to get me a decent camera. I can tell such a big difference that a nice camera makes. I am reading your blog and wondering and hoping that is wasn't my neighbor that ran you off the road...he has been hauling sheep to California for a couple of weeks now...if it was, just know he is a pretty nice guy!lol

Cambria said...

Beautiful Mommy!

Nancy said...

Awesome pictures! This has been the nicest Fall weather. Wish it could last until March!!!