Wednesday, April 13, 2011


I hate breast cancer.

There, I said it. There are not many things in this life that I hate but, breast cancer is at the top of my very short list.
I said good-by to my phenomenally talented sister-in-law on Monday another victim of BC. Too young and still too needed here to have been taken from us by this ugly disease. It plays tricks on you. It lets you think for awhile that you have actually beaten it and then just when you think that you have control of your future it slaps you in the face and lets you know that you will NEVER be able to face a day without wondering what this quiet monster is up to inside the walls of every tiny cell in your body.

I wear my BC awareness pin everyday. I now wear my mothers. The one she wore for her sister and best friend. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about the women I have known who have fought the fight. Most are gone now but, what examples they are to me. I have been forever touched for the better by your lives and your friendships. I love each one of you so very much.

No comments: