Saturday, April 16, 2011

~Flowers, Birds, Green grass, Warm Sunny Days, Blue Skies...~

It's time! Time for flowers and warm sunny days. This "winter gal" is DONE. I need to get my hand dirty, dig up a few worms and make sure the soil is turned over and ready for planting...Yesterday as I was doing just that a Robin landed just a little distance from where I was working. I watched as he carefully hopped closer and closer to the soil I had been working with. Soon he was right next to me pulling the worms from the ground like a pro. The birds even want us out working in our yards! They are willing to set aside their fears just a little to welcome us back to turn the soil over for them so that they can easily fill their little tummies with food. I was glad I could help the little guy out. As long as I didn't make any "sudden" movements he was willing to stick around, however, you can't get a whole lot accomplished without moving...It was a short visit!

At times I actually consider moving to a climate that allows me to grow thing all year but then I think about skiing and I am not quite willing to give that up so, I will continue to LOVE the snow but, as my age marches steadily on, I am beginning to take great joy in the warm temperatures that wrap around my frozen joints and loosen up my achy body this time of year! Viva la SPRING!







2 comments:

Shauna said...

I can just see the little bird now! Don't you wish you could have gotten his picture????!!!!!

Joey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.