Saturday, April 23, 2011

~A FEW THINGS THE DEER HAVEN"T GOTTEN!~


I took a chilly walk around the yard this morning just to see what the deer had left. I was surprised to find a few spots of color...Very few. I have a love-hate relationship with the deer. They are nice to have around in the winter time giving me many hours of entertainment in an otherwise rather boring environment. However, come spring I would really like it if they would return to the mountains and leave my yard alone! They are starting to become so docile that they actually play with our dogs!
Um, we got the dogs to keep the deer away...Now we have this new dog that is bigger and he can smell them but because of all of his wrinkles he can't always see them. He will take off in the completely wrong direction thinking that he is hot on their trail...The deer are "terrified" of him. ~(NOT)~ They look at each other and in their own "deer" sort of way romp off. I swear I can hear them mocking my dog as they go.

It seems like spring has taken it's sweet time getting here this year. I can only hope that when it decides to come and STAY, we will have many weeks of warm not HOT days to get out and make our yards beautiful so that the deer will have much to feast upon this winter!

3 comments:

The Franjesevic Family said...

ahh! That's so funny! I love it! Not about your yard of course.

Shauna said...

I'm right with you on the deer! I was out yesterday and discovered all of their droppings! At least I think they were from the deer! Do you know what they look like? The ones I was cleaning up were like marbles. Are they from the deer? Something tells me that YOU will know! :)

Stephanie said...

Shauna- piles of marbles! ha ha ha! Mom- if you EVER think your environment is boring... think of me! It could be much much worse, I promise.