Monday, March 28, 2011

~EARLY MORNING PERSPECTIVE~

So, another weekend flew by and I am left wondering what happened to it! The funny thing is that even the week days seem to come and go so quickly now. Life is either getting way to short or I am getting a little too busy! I'm hoping that it is the later...Work has been steadily picking up and that has been a good thing for those of us that rely on a paycheck every couple of weeks. It seems like for a couple of months there things were looking pretty dim. Surprising how in this economy there are still those out there willing to spend thousands of dollars on themselves...A tuck here, a lift there, something added, something taken away. I am grateful that there are, not only does it help them feel better about themselves but it keeps me working!

Sometimes I start to feel sorry for myself that I am always working. I would love at times to have my "old" life back where I worked only when I wanted to, spent most of my week "hangin" with my friends skiing, golfing, biking, hiking, running, swimming...Those were good times and I am SO glad that I had them, a lot of people never do.

I decided to go to school when my children were all in school. I was feeling a little "disconnected" I guess you could say. I needed something to fill the void. I spent 3 almost 4 years working on a nursing degree and I have never looked back until now. It's probably because I'm getting older and just getting out of bed some mornings at 4:00 is painful. There are so many days when I wish I was getting up to go for a run or a bike ride instead of getting up to go to work!

I have always been a listener, and I think that almost 20 years ago I was listening to the whisperings of a future that would be very unpredictable. The Lord has always taken me by the hand and lead me in the direction that HE has wanted me to go. Where would we be today without my education? Sometimes the harder things in your life are the things that matter the most. Steve and I have been through some very rough times these past couple of years. What would we have done without the education that has allowed me to work in a profession that not only pays me well but provides us with health insurance for the OLD and DECREPIT!!!

My days may not be the way I pictured they would be at this particular point in my life but, they're pretty dang good. Sometimes I just have to stop and take in what is going on around me and think to my self...There isn't anything else I would rather be doing even if I could choose. ( Well, I might choose a humanitarian mission)!

No one has it perfect...NO ONE! The best we can do is just that... the best we can do but, it helps everyone so much when we go out of our way to help each other. May the Lord bless each of us that we always have enough to be able to give some of what we have away!

President Monson said:

He who gives money
gives much.

He who gives time
gives more.

He who gives himself
gives all.

5 comments:

Cambria said...

love you mommy

:)

The Franjesevic Family said...

it's so interesting to me how things just seem to work out when we follow those promptings and live the Gospel. It's always a reminder to me that THE CHURCH IS TRUE!!

Unknown said...

Please for Jesus sake do it once
I have made a blog at blogger.com Since i have added a google adsense in the blog but haven't made a penny with this. I need your help and support to help me make some money to pay tuition fees.

What you have to do is
1.go to http://positivethoughts2011.blogspot.com/

2.Remain on the page i.e Positive Thoughts for one minute or so and do some random surfing
3.click ONE ad that appeals to you from Ads by Google boxes and visit there.
4.remain on that page for one minute or so and do some random surfing.
and that's it.

Note: Only one click is needed per IP address.
I will be grateful to you.
I really need the money.
I really need your help

You can also follow my blog if you want

Joey said...

This is why I should go PRIVATE...

Shauna said...

Oh Joey ..... my heart is with you! I'm so sorry for your loss. I truly am. Thinking of you! xo