Thursday, November 4, 2010

~NOVEMBER~





What a GLORIOUS day! November isn't usually one of my favorite months...Too many days where it is too cold to snow and too warm to well... Snow! You know one of those TopSeTurVee months that you can never really predict. You wear a coat to work in the morning and come home with it tucked under your arm in the afternoon. You think that you can wash your car, but as soon as you do a rain/snow/sleet/hail storm passes through just long enough to make the roads a muddy mess (because of all the construction) and you wonder why you even tried to look "nice" out on the stupid road anyway. TODAY however, was splendid, the weather and the company could not have been better. When I finally returned home the sun was at that point in the afternoon sky that just makes everything look so gorgeous. I couldn't resist snapping a few pictures of the color that is soon to be covered up with a blanket of some of my favorite stuff :) There are even a few roses still trying to bloom and a flower here and there that hasn't been snuffed out by the deadly cold of morning frost. My little garden is still producing vegetables...At a much slower rate but then it is NOVEMBER!

We (I) am incredibly blessed. When Garett was in Guatemala during the rains and mud slides and all the devastation, I remember going to church on Sunday morning after receiving a call letting us know that he was safe and out of danger. We were singing the song "Because I Have Been Given Much" and I couldn't stop thinking...


"My glowing fire, my loaf of bread, my roof's safe shelter overhead"...Really, with that and our families around us do we need ANYTHING more?

2 comments:

Cambria said...

beautiful pictures mom

I'm blessed to have YOU in my life I love you so much

zac, kami & zion said...

I usually hate November, too... but so far this month has been beautiful! Your pictures are amazing. You are getting so good with your camera. And I love that you always catch the tiniest details in the flowers. AMAZING! I miss you and hope you are doing good. When you get a minute, come take a peek at the new gym. I have a Thursday at 7 am that just opend up, but other than that I'm booked on Thursdays. If it's still open when life slows down a bit, maybe you can snag it? Talk to you soon. :)