Saturday, November 27, 2010

~THE HOLIDAY'S SO FAR~

I'm stuffed!

The funny thing is, I am sitting here eating a "Skinny Cow" (My new favorite treat) while I write. How utterly ridiculous. I started cooking Wednesday night and didn't stop until Thursday when I sat everyone at the table to eat. I have yet to learn to cook for less than an army and after everyone had gorged themselves beyond comfortable...There was still enough food left over to feed another family for Thanksgiving. I had put forth great effort into inviting some of the people from my work who really didn't have a place to go this year for Thanksgiving. They all were flattered but, declined to make an appearance. Seriously, how silly is that? I can be fun! REALLY!!! Mostly my OCD only shows up when I am being a nurse. I've learned to control it quite well in the other areas of my life...Honest, I have! I am a FUN and very SPONTANEOUS person who can laugh and joke right along with the rest of you guys...Okay, enough of the chit chat...I've got a house to decorate!

( To the tune of Up on The House Top)

Up on the roof top once again
Oh what a sight I must have been
Arms full of lights and a bag of clips
Oh my gosh, hope I don't slip

Right to the edge I bravely go
Focused on the roof not the ground below
It's cold and windy and wouldn't you know
Three lights hung and it begins to snow

Oh no no
I shouldn't go
oh no no
I shouldn't go, oh,
Up on the roof top
What a dumb chick
Who gratefully was rescued by 'Ol St. NICK!

I am now in the middle of shopping. This is a new experience for me since in years past I have this done by Thanksgiving...Yep, I'm a little late this year and paying for it dearly! I used to like being out in the hustle and bustle of the crowds but anymore I would rather stay at home and order it online. I hate to admit this but maybe I AM getting old...If I am then so is Steve for he actually conceded and went with me to my favorite of all Christmas concerts yesterday at the Covey Center...David Lanz...Yes, he is a pianist and yes, I LOVE his music but, Steve, not so much. He even stayed awake (mostly). What a good guy. Guess I am going to have to go to a BYU game now...

There are still many things that need doing and probably a lot of things that won't get done but, is that really what matters most? When I think about what this season is all about and what it is that we are celebrating I realize that I have been preparing all my life, and I am quite ready to show my Savior how grateful I am to Him for all He has done for me and my family as I am sure all of you are too.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Your new post hadn't shown up on my "list" so I didn't even know you had done it! I'm so glad I checked! I love that dad went with you to see David Lanz, and I am jealous I didn't! --and that little song of yours is so true! I can see you now...

Nancy said...

I thought I was the only one who loves David Lanz! That is my favorite Christmas CD!
I am so jealous....
It was good to see you last weekend. We need to get together more often because there is so much to talk about my jaws get stiff and sore!!!