Sunday, November 14, 2010

~BREATH..I'T'S JUST A R.S. LESSON~

Sunday morning...Oh the things I learn as I prepare to teach my lesson for R.S. each month. You take a simple subject, one that over the years you would think that you know pretty well and OH MY, what a little research will do to shake your confidence! It is humbling to realize that I still have so much to learn about simple gospel principals.

Was I "present" through all those years of seminary and institute? Thinking back I remember bits and pieces of the classes but not much of anything. How sad to be oblivious all those years when I could have been learning so much about how to really
live my life. Hooray for teachers who can reach those who come to listen and learn. Who prepare so well that they actually make a difference in the lives of those they teach. Who are examples of the words they speak! Congratulations to the parents who instill in their children a respect for those who teach. A love of the gospel and the ability to look beyond themselves.

That is why I became a nurse...I'm so NOT a teacher!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Mom- You always do fantastic- and it doesn't matter what you're doing. No worries! You taught me everything I know, and I didn't turn out too bad! I love you!

* Gar * Lis * Charly * said...

Joey! You're lesson really was so great! You are great teacher in R.S. and in life!