Wednesday, June 30, 2010

~HOORAY FOR LONG WEEKENDS~

My person told me a while back that it will get easier...I'm holding on to that statement with every ounce of positivity I can muster right now. So many changes. I wish I had a crystal ball and could see how it was all going to work out, then again...Maybe not! As I write it is raining outside, do you ever feel like taking your shoes off and jumping in the puddles? Probably a good thing I don't act on some of my impulses, my neighbors would probably have me committed with Steve's whole hearted consent! I'm not crazy, I'm not crazy, I'm NOT CRAZY!!!

Can you believe it is almost the 4th of July! Where does the time go? To me summer is half over after the 4th of July. We are headed to the cabin for the long weekend. Pleasant Valley Days in Scofield is one of our favorite family weekends. I haven't ever taken pictures of the magnificent festivities before so this year I will. The ugliest four wheeler parade, karaoke or, other attempts at "music" in the barn, handmade items for sale in booths set just a little too close to the pony rides... Icky. Rubber ducky's to float down the river, and all kinds of food! Yes, it is quite the celebration for tiny little Scofield. You can see and do it all in about 20 minutes! Honestly, it takes longer to find a parking spot and walk in. The best part of the weekend is the firework display over the lake. They do an amazing job for a small town. Perhaps it is because we have such a great spot to watch them that I like it so much. I've never enjoyed crowds and fireworks but, when you can go out onto your own deck and sit and watch without the crowd and without the traffic jam after, it is definitely worth it! Happy 4th of JULY everyone!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I hope you guys have a ton of fun...I hate to miss it but I don't think I can get out of here this weekend! Take lots of pictures for me!

The Marvelous Mrs. Miller said...

Scofields celebration sounds like so much fun! Movie-esk... like something you would see on a cute chic flick, LOVE It! & BTW if you are crazy forjumping puddles, then we may be roomies in the loony bin! I do it all the time... who cares! I think most people are jealous & would love to join- they just can't let themselves have fun. So keep having fuN! Miss ya! Loves!

Shauna said...

Aw, the PERFECT photo-op weekend! Have a great time!