Monday, May 31, 2010

~FLOWERS, FOOD & FAMILY~


Holy Memorial Day Picnic! What a glorious day, what a great bunch of people and most of all, wouldn't our mom's be bustin with pride with all of us for keeping the Memorial Day tradition going! We have such a great family and I LOVE every opportunity I am given to spend time with all of you! What fun it is when one of us finds his or her way home every now and again to visit. Thank you Diane for bringing yourself and Uncle Carl home to Delta and to us...We have missed you so!

Delta will always be our home...more so for those of you who actually live there obviously but, for those of us who grew up there and left and, for those of us who only come to visit it leaves it mark in memories so fond that when I start to think about them they tumble around in my mind and I can't even begin to give them the credit they are due. From the "putty mud" to "walking fences", throwing rocks at skunks ( Chris). The awesome plays we put on, long bike rides, Easters spent on the dunes or the desert, olive fingers, talking Magpies, the Lambert House, Christmas Eves, (Hey Nance, do you remember "Walkin and a wishing for a Man")? Oak City Canyon, Rook, FUDGE, softball, the falls, the old Sugarville church. Matt chipping Nancy's tooth, me chipping Chris's... and SO many more. I am so glad to have all of you in my life and I hope that I tell you that often enough. You are all the very best part of what makes me, ME!

AND, I hope we all live to be as old and as healthy as our dads! Think of the possibilities ;)

2 comments:

Shauna said...

You have such a wonderful way of expressing yourself!

Chris said...

That was such a fun day! We always do have fun when we get together. Yes, I thought the same thing about how happy our moms would have been to see us all together...maybe they were wishing they were with us today??? Thank you for getting the day started. let me know about Cam