Saturday, May 22, 2010

~BELLA TURNS ONE~









About 34 years ago I tried to make a birthday cake for my baby daughters 1st birthday. It was a simple cake made up of three square blocks stacked on top of each other with pink icing and large letters on each side that made them look like building blocks. By the time her party started at about 7:00 that night the blocks had slid and the cake looked like Stephanie had all ready given it a good punch with her little fists. It really was okay because it wasn't that great to begin with... I also remember trying to make a Ninja Turtle cake for Garett one year...That turned out not so good either. Now, take a look at Bella's 1st birthday cake! Can you believe my daughter-in-law Loreli! What a talent she has developed. She spent over 10 hours making this beautiful "Mad Hatter" cake for Bella. How cute is that!?

It is hard to believe that our little Bella is 1. Where does the time go? She is just starting to stand up on her own. In a few short weeks I am sure that she will figure out the walking thing. Wow!

She got to share her birthday with her dad this year. John's birthday is on the 22 (TODAY) and Bella's is the 20th. Therewill always be quite the celebrations in their house in May because Loreli has a birthday on the 2 of May also!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLUE BELLS!

4 comments:

Shauna said...

Are you serious that L made that cake!?? It's incredible!!!!!! That babe is looking more and more like her daddy!

Caldwell Family 6 said...

Happy Birthday is right! I am in love with this little one! Thank you for your sweet compliments. It's nice to know that people think it's neat, because man, it took a lot of work, and I was really happy with it! LoR

Stephanie said...

MOM! I AM ONLY 33 and if I was 1 already, that means it was 32 years ago! GEEZ!~ you're aging both of us. However, it is a fabulous cake, and I KNOW you've made some awesome cakes in your lifetime...I'm thinking there was a Sesame Street Cake in there somewhere that was flawless...

Joey said...

MY bad!