Wednesday, April 7, 2010

~LAST HOORAH~



I can't even begin to tell you how much I LOVE Deer Valley! It truly is a skier PARADISE! Blue sky, deep snow and LONG runs! I have to say that the salmon salad is a far cry from the nachos we get at the top of Bishop's Bowl at my other favorite ski resort...It sort of pains me to say that but, wow, what great FOOD! (See Debbie licking her plate...It was carrot cake!).

I am pretty sure by now that I have convinced everyone who reads m
y blog that they should become (if they are not already) SKIERS! The winter just flies by and talk about some fun times...Well, maybe minus the concussion :) I look so forward to Thursday when I know that I don't have to be in the O.R. I can spend my day on top of a mountain stress free, with no real worries...Acuna matata, a wemaway-a-wemaway, a wemaway-a-wemaway...One day maybe I will be able to spend more than one day up there. Oh, that would be incredible. I can't hardly even allow myself to consider that there may come a time when that will indeed be possible. For me, I think that it will be called "Geriatric skiing" I can see it clearly in my mind and, it's not what I had really hoped for. I am already starting to slowdown and I keep telling myself that I am NOT THAT OLD! In my younger days I thought that there just might be a place for me on some Olympic venue. Surely I would be good enough someday if I skied EVERY Thursday to make my way to stardom as a great downhiller or mogul extraordinaire! Alas, as with everything else I have tried and fallen short at, skiing will just have to remain a lovely little mid-week get away. One spent with dear friends always in search for that elusive run. The one with deep yet light, fluffy powder that no one has made tracks through. How great it is to have so many girlfriends that love to do what I love to do and who take care of their "older and not so wiser" friend. They are always there to pick me up when I decide to have a "garage sale" *. I will miss my skis now that the season is over but, the really wonderful thing is that spring brings with it GREAT biking weather! South Fork, here we come!

*Garage Sale:
Bad fall while skiing. Usually happens when skier attempts something far above skill level. Skis are popped
out of bindings and scattered helter-skelter . Poles usually at place of impact or where ever they come loose as skier continues down the mountain in uncontrolled head first position. Goggles are usually lost during slide as they are unceremoniously scraped from skiers face. i.e. STUFF EVERYWHERE! Usually after one of these falls a skier is ready to sale each piece of equipment exactly where it lays... For that day.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Oh my heavens ... there is my favorite cookie! I told you ... DV is simply the BEST! You're such a die-hard!