Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Winter Blues

You may think that I was going to write about how tired I am of the snow and how excited I am for spring but I have to tell you. I LOVE THE WINTER and I miss it when it's over. The title to this post "Winter Blues" simply refers to the hues in the photo. How beautiful! I know that most people prefer the vivid fall colors or the warm greens of summer but me, I will take the quiet winter whites any day. A walk up the canyon after a storm when the trees are bent and heavy with snow making tunnels to walk through or the sparkle as the sun glitters off the frozen ground. A trek on snow shoes or cross country skies in the back country surpasses a sticky hot summer afternoon in my book any day. It's March and winter is almost at an end. I will miss it until it returns again with those first flakes falling from the pale gray sky. In the meantime, I will enjoy spring.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Beautiful post Joey! I too, love winter. After each snowstorm I am always in awe of the beauty and am finding another way to capture an image that is different from before! I don't think I'm ever going to get up to ski! Will you do some for me???

Joey said...

Oh Shauna, I often think about how we promised to go at the first of the season and then how things got crazy busy and it didn't happen. I would have loved to have gone not just because I love to ski but because it would have given me a chance to get to know YOU a bit better. Cambria is so lucky to have such a wonderful mother-in-law.