Saturday, March 21, 2009

THE GRANDCHILDREN XOXO













Oh how I wish I could take pictures like Shauna. All grandmas think that they have the cutest grandchildren in the world but, if you know how to use a camera like Shauna you can actually PROVE it! How fun to just snap away and try and get the perfect shot. That has not happened for me yet but maybe someday if I keep practicing and I keep having such fun subjects to photograph I will be able to become better. I will tell you one thing, blogging has made it much more fun to take pictures just knowing that there is someplace to put them all. I love these little candid shots of the kids. They don't have to do too much to show off their personalities, usually nothing more than just smile. Sometimes all you have to do is put a hat on them or dress them up in a Halloween costume and there they are... the cutest things on earth!

My favorite thing is when you ask them to smile and because they have had their picture taken so many times they actually POSE! Or if your Ali you... simply refuse to look at the camera anymore...after all enough is enough period!



Gage is just about the most photogenic little guy. What beautiful blue eyes he has. Even in black and white you can tell that he has the most exquisite blue eyes! I love that about him. Ali loves to act like she hates the camera but she really loves it. She is a little like her mom when it comes to pulling faces. I love that about her. We tease Stephanie about never being serious about a picture and I think that her daughter follows in her footsteps. It is fun to see what face the camera will catch with Ali because she is so quick to change expressions.

Cole is a busy little guy but can always stop long enough to let you take his picture. He is most happy to put on a hat or stand with silly string in his hair just long enough for you to take a picture then off it all comes...I mean after all how much can a 3 year old take...he is so much fun. He loves his Papa and his "Shatze grandma" and we love having him close enough to "hang out" with. Little sister Maddie or "Punkin"
as he calls her keeps him busy protecting his turf. He is learning to share, share be fair because of Miss Maddie and it is sometimes a difficult lesson to learn. Maddie loves her new found independence now that she has become vertical. She is a tiny little thing that can rule the roost and melt your heart all at the same time! Little girls learn how to do that VERY early in life especially with daddy. Abigail had it down pat upon arrival. She wrapped herself around her daddy's finger from the very start and hasn't even begun to loosen her grip! It is hard to get a good picture of her because she never holds still...NEVER! This is a little girl that is constantly on the move. Clark and Cami tell me that she really does sleep but I have yet to actually see her sleeping with my own two eyes. She giggles when she eats, after each bite. It is the cutest thing. I should video her instead of trying to take a picture....now there's an idea. Next blog look for a video of Abigail, I am sure that it will be enchanting...the back of her head as she runs from me!


Who knows if I keep this blogging thing up it might just be the back of all the grand kids heads as they run from me. One day they are going to look at these pictures and the things that I have written about them and laugh and then...it will have been worth the chase!

2 comments:

��Radio Mihalis Thalassis - Athens Greece said...

Good morning, I saw the page with enthusiasm, and sends a reply, Michael Greece

Shauna said...

Isn't it the best thing in the world to be a GRANDMA!!! Sky and Cam were so cute during our trip as they were missing Shelby!!! Good heavens, what will it be like when they have babies!!! :)
Love your post!