Saturday, June 23, 2012

~DAD~

Nancy sent me this picture of Dad the other day and I just had to share!  Isn't he handsome! I swear, the guy just gets better looking everyday! Mom knew what she was doing!

Dad is the hardest working, honest, thoughtful, happy person I know.  He always has been. I remember very few times in my life when he was ever upset...Maybe once or twice with a couple of sons and the weather but not even that lasted long.  Never with me...I was perfect in his eyes. Still am.  Being the only girl has it's privileges :)  I didn't know until I was older just how much I had him wrapped around my finger, if I had, I surely would have taken advantage of it more in my teenage years!  I say that but I know that I could have NEVER done anything that would have made my dad upset with me because you see, as much as I want to think that I had him wrapped around my finger it was really the opposite. There wasn't ANYTHING I would not do for him...Still isn't.  He is my rock in this world of never ending ups and downs, my hero, because every little girl needs one,  and the home to my heart. 

4 comments:

Chris said...

Oh, Joey....he is one of the very best! I just can't imagine life without our dads....We are very lucky girls!

Cambria said...

I love that man~ seriously one of the hardest working, loving, loyal, fun, genuine people I know and I love him to pieces

Stephanie said...

I love that picture, but I'm determined to get one of my own, whether he likes it or not! That man is amazing isn't he? I miss weekends on the farm, chasing kittens and pine-nuts- even the smell of the incinerator outside! "I'll be damned!" are words I'll never hear without thinking of grandpa!

Did you get my text about the berries? It's a Mulberry tree! They are mulberries and the darker they get, the sweeter they get- we can even grow them here in Vernal! I may have to try!

Shauna said...

What sweet sentiments of your dad! He really is quite HANDSOME!!!