Sunday, June 10, 2012

~ART CITY DAYS~





 





We had a very busy weekend with the little ones. It was ART CITY DAYS, which is Springville City's annual city celebration so the whole week has been filled with different events to keep everyone occupied culminating with a breakfast provided by the firemen, a parade, carnival and fireworks last night. The grandkido's were SO excited to do it ALL!!  It was fun for me to watch them having so much fun!  I worry sometimes that they are going to get hurt running out there to pick up candy that is thrown their way...Why is it that it is SO enticing?  They would think grandma and grandpa a couple of cheap scape's if we were to offer them the same things for treats.  Maybe we just need to line them up on the curb and drive up the road in the car and throw the stuff out the window at them. Perhaps then they would like that sort of stuff from us.  It might be worth a try! 

I took Cole for a hike up the canyon on Saturday while all of the little ones were taking a power nap. On the way home he discovered under some dirt and leaves next to a small oak tree a very interesting rock with gold and yellow and brown swirls in it. It is really beautiful...We are wondering how he could have seen it there. I pass that spot all the time and have NEVER noticed anything there and he goes up on his first trip and comes home with a treasure. Wow, both he and Gage are quite the eagle eyes in the family.  I think that I should take them arrowhead hunting with me!

I am pretty tired after all the excitement this weekend and feel pretty proud of myself for taking tomorrow off. How great is that!  I may just sit back and enjoy myself doing NOTHING!  That is a stretch for me!

I borrowed a couple of pics from my daughter-in-laws blogs, hope they don't mind :)


3 comments:

The Franjesevic Family said...

You should totally just drive up and down your street, make a lot of noise and throw candy...I would come and make a run for the candy too haha!

Cambria said...

what a fun weekend, and a birthday to top it off... Happy birthday mommy I love you thanks for being the house of entertainment all weekend, we all had a lot of fun together. love you

Shauna said...

YES! Try the car thing!!!!!! Hysterical!